Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Snapshot




My name is Alexis Saba and I am a female, first generation college student, currently pursuing a PhD in Education Policy Studies. I first attended Hanover College in Southern Indiana immediately after high school. Those four years were some of the most difficult of my life as they were filled with both emotional and intellectual challenges. The transition was not smooth and I struggled with maintaining a sense of balance between multiple academic and social pressures. I eventually found a “home” in the Anthropology department and took courses that stimulated my growth and expanded my consciousness of other ways of living throughout the world. After graduation, I gained work experience in fields of public relations, advertising, and higher education administration. However, I eventually returned to academic pursuits in International and Comparative Education. Currently, I research education policy in Pakistan specifically focused on out of school children.

No comments:

Post a Comment